PhenX Expert Review Panels
An Expert Review Panel (ERP) is a group of experts who review one or more of the domains of existing measures in the PhenX Toolkit. ERPs are responsible for reviewing measures in the Toolkit to make recommendations to keep, update, retire, or replace each measure under the purview of the ERP. They also consider the responses from the community outreach effort and document the measures considered, the rationale for inclusion or exclusion, and any identified gaps in the domain. All ERP recommendations must be approved by the PhenX Steering Committee (SC) before they are added to the Toolkit.
Information about the changes implemented by the ERP can be found in the "Process and Review" section of the protocol page. Definitions of ERP terms are available in the Glossary of PhenX Terms and Acronyms.
The SC has established the following domain clusters for ERP review:
- Anthropometrics, Physical Activity and Physical Fitness, Nutrition and Dietary Supplements, Diabetes (Completed Oct. 1, 2015)
- Demographics, Environmental Exposures, Social Environments (Completed May 31, 2016)
- Substance Abuse and Addiction, Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Substances (Completed November 21, 2016)
- Psychiatric, Neurology, Psychosocial
- Cancer, Infectious Diseases and Immunity
- Respiratory, Cardiovascular
- Skin, Bone, Muscle and Joint
- Speech and Hearing, Ocular
Funding for ERPs is provided by the Genomic Resource Grant (U41) awarded by the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) to RTI International in July 2013.